Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Be My Valentine Vendor Spotlight and Review: Weensy Baby

Do you Cloth Diaper? Know someone who does? Or, maybe you just love CUTENESS??! 
I would love to introduce you all to my friend and fellow artisan Joanna.  On top of being a wonderful and hardworking mama, she makes MINIATURE cloth diapers. Just when I am tired of making another set of diapers, I think of Joanna sitting behind her machine making 2" pocket diapers with ruffles on the butt.  Thank you for the inspiration Joanna.  Now on to the cuteness factor.
HURRY - Run like the wind to my facebook page and enter to win this Adorable "Love and Kisses" Keychain.  The giveaway ends at midnight on January 22nd, 2014.  You can get a head start by Liking her Facebook page here.


How do I know how fabulous these keychains are??? well, I own several of them. Including this one below in a pocket style diaper with an insert.  It's attached to my wallet and my kids LOVE to play with it while they are in the shopping cart. It has been yanked, pulled, mauled, mutilated, chewed on, drooled on and loved.  But guess what - I just throw it in the washer with my other diapers and it's as good as new.  Her diaper key chains are made from the SAME high quality fabrics that regular diapers are made from.


And now, here's a few words from Joanna:

"My name is Joanna, and I am the WAHM behind Weensy Baby. I am married to my childhood sweetheart, and a stay at home, homeschooling mom to seven wonderful kids, from toddler to teen. When I am not sewing itty bitty diaper cuteness, I teach my kids, manage my home, and raise goats, chickens, and a large garden to help feed our growing family.
            I started sewing as a young teen, and have enjoyed creating new and fun things for my family and friends ever since. I cloth diapered all my children, starting out using flats, pins and plastic pants. When my sixth child was one year old, I really wanted to try something new, but the thrifty part of me could not bear to buy cloth diapers when I knew I could learn to make them my self. Learning, and then making and using them became a passion that I had not expected. I have been sewing diapers for 4 years, and have made just about every type known to man (or woman).
            Early in 2013,  I was part of an online discussion about cloth diaper key chains, and I decided I wanted to try and make one for myself. I had seen many simple ones, but I wanted to challenge myself and try making a miniature cloth diaper with all the details. I found that I really enjoyed the challenge, and it turned out so cute that I had to share it online. The response was overwhelming, and I had several requests to buy one. Weensy Baby was born shortly there after, and I have found my own “little” niche in the cloth diapering world.
            Since the beginning of Weensy Baby I have continued to experiment, challenge myself, and develop new products for my fans. I make a variety of cloth diaper styles including most of the popular types of cloth diapers on the market. I have even made replicas of a customer's favorite diaper style and brand.

            People have, at times, asked “Why key chain diapers? They are adorable, but what's the point?” It is a great question, and I will share my thoughts. Many people out in society have not heard of cloth diapers, or if they have, they have a picture in their mind of soggy, saggy prefolds and pins, covered by poofy plastic pants. These cute little key chains are a great conversation starter that allow you to show others what modern cloth is, how cute and convenient it can be, and just how modern cloth diapers work. They are portable, visible, and are kind of like a bumper sticker for your keys, diaper bag, or purse, allowing you to share your love of cloth, and, perhaps, introduce others to modern cloth diapers."
Thank you Joanna.

More samples of her work.



Adorable right?  

By now, you just have to get your hands on a couple of these beautiful diaper keychains. You can head over to her Etsy Shop: Weensy Baby and let her know we sent you.
One last reminder, you can enter to win through our giveaway ending tonight!

Enjoy! Kim

2 comments:

  1. I didn't use cloth diapers for years be cause of my horrible expediences with them 20 years ago...what a creative way to introduce (or reintroduce) moms to the (way) more convenient, cute, modern way of diapering with cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used cloth diapers for my children years ago but they weren't cute like these are nowadays. These miniature ones are just precious.

    ReplyDelete